This Course is designed for workers, supervisors and managers exposed to the heath stress. It will give basic awareness to delegates by providing a guideline regarding legislative requirements, management of heat stress, effects and control measures of exposure to temperature extremes.
Line Managers, Supervisors and Individuals involved in outdoor activities especially and exposed to direct heat.
AIMS / OBJECTIVES
Delegates will learn the basic concept of heat stress, effects and control measures to prevent incidents such as heat stroke, heat exhaustion and heat stress.
At the completion of the course delegates will be able to:
- Understand the role and responsibilities of Employer, Employees and other stakeholders.
- Understand the hazard of being exposed to heat and its control measures.
- Understand the control measures and implementation of control measures
- Current UAE regulations and safety legislation
- Company safety policies and procedures
- Role of Employer, Employees and Managers
- Supervisors role
- Workplace Management
- Effects of Heat and its understanding
- Heat Stroke
- Heat Exhaustion
- Heat Stress
- Muscle Cramps
- Lack of Concentration
- Method of safe outdoor activities
- Importance of heat stress management
- Control Measures
There will be a dynamic blend of the following:
- Facilitator-led Presentations (In person)
- Syndicate/group Work
- Individual Action Plans
- Skill Building Exercises
Application Activities & Role Plays
Practical and theoretical assessment to evaluate the familiarity of the candidates with the requirements/ procedures.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 35 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 26
- Assessments Yes