Electrical Safety Course is a comprehensive, one day course designed to give delegates the knowledge, skills and confidence while performing work activities on Electrical Systems, Portable Electrical Appliances, repair and maintenance of Electrical Devices / Equipment at their workplace.
Line managers, Supervisors and persons working with Electrical Systems, Electrically Energized machines / equipment.
AIMS / OBJECTIVES
Course is designed for staff members who are appointed as Manager, Supervisors, Machine Operators, Electricians and performing activities involving Electricity.
- Hazards involvement while working with electricity
- Risk reduction and preventative measures available
- Describe the main types of injury associated with Electricity
- Carry out risk assessment and LOTO
- Suggest ways of minimizing risks
- Employer’s Responsibility
- Employee’s Responsibility
- Fundamentals of Electrical Safety
- Electrical Safety Management program PDCA framework – Risk Management
- Electrical Hazard Identification
- Activities & situations where electrical energy may pose risk to human
- Hazard Identification & Risk Assessment (HIRA) for electrical hazards & Control Measures
- Country-specific statutory requirements – Electrical Safety Rules –
- Hazard mitigation procedure for different types of hazards
- Static Electricity
- Portable tools
- Work Permit
- PPE & Hazard Communication.
- Periodic testing & maintenance
- Qualification & Competency requirements
- Safe Working Techniques
There will be a dynamic blend of the following:
- Facilitator-led Presentations (In person)
- Syndicate/group Work
- Individual Action Plans
- Skill Building Exercises
Application Activities & Role Plays
Practical and theoretical assessment to evaluate the familiarity of the candidates with the requirements/ procedures.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 35 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 26
- Assessments Yes