Basic First Aid
EMERGENCY FIRST AID AT WORK (BASIC FIRST AID)
Emergency First Aid Course is a comprehensive, one day course designed to give delegates the knowledge, skills and
confidence of managing injuries, disease and ill health effects at workplace and their immediate control measures.
Intended for: Line managers, Supervisors and individuals dealing public
- Introduction of the Key Terms like: First Aid, Bleeding, Choking, Fracture
- Legal responsibilities of Employer, Employees and First Aiders
- Prioritizing injuries and action in an emergency and How to provide immediate medical care in an emergency.
- How to assess if someone is unconscious, checking breathing and when to start CPR or shift to Recovery Position
- Common accidents and injuries relevant to industry and empower candidates with the skills and confidence to provide an immediate and appropriate first aid response.
- Definition of First Aid, Aims of First Aid, Responsibilities of the Frist Aider
- Contacting the Emergency Services
- Priorities of first Aid treatment
- Action in an Emergency
- Primary survey
- Breathing and Circulation
- The basic life support action plan CPR
- Secondary Assessment
- The recovery position
- Disorders of Respiration/Airway obstruction and breathing disorders
- The circulatory system
- Heart attack
- Wounds and bleeding
- Types of wound, Types of bleeding, Preventing cross-infection, Dressings and bandages
- Wounds with embedded foreign objects
- Burns and Scalds
- Bones, Joints and Muscle Injuries
- Type of fractures
Practical and theoretical assessment to evaluate the familiarity of the candidates with the requirements/ procedures.
Maximum allowed candidates per batch is 10 – 12 Candidates