Basic Fire Safety Awareness
Basic Fire Safety Course is a comprehensive, one day course designed to give delegates the knowledge, skills and
confidence to handle fire at workplace.
Intended for: Line managers, Supervisors and individuals involved in Fire Risk Assessment.
Course is designed for staffs who are appointed as Fire Warden/Marshall in their company. Students will learn the basic concept of firefighting; safe evacuation plans and Risks Assessment for their premises.
- Fundamentals of fire: a) What is a Fire b) The Fire Triangle c) Key Components
- Fundamentals of public fire safety:
- Electrical Safety
- Kitchen Safety (use of fire blanket and other alternative means)
- Storage of chemical supply safety
- Machinery safety
- Construction safety
- Smoking safety
- Natural causes
- Classification of fires:
- Classes of Fire
- Hazards of using an inappropriate extinguishing media for inappropriate class of Fire
- Types of portable fire extinguishers:
- Types of commonly used portable fire extinguishers
- Fire extinguisher and for different classes of Fire
- How to use the portable fire extinguisher:
- PASS command
- Safe distance and other safety tips required for operating different fire extinguisher for extinguishing fire
- Do’s and Don’t
- Other extinguishing medias apart from fire extinguishers
- Discovering and reporting a fire
- Basic evacuation procedures
- Hands on practical (use of fire extinguisher)
Practical and theoretical assessment to evaluate the familiarity of the candidates with the requirements/ procedures.
Maximum allowed candidates per batch is 10 – 12 Candidates